What Can Help with Braces Pain?
5 Tips for Braces Pain Relief
Braces Pain Relief
Knowing what can help with your braces pain will make your journey with braces much easier. At Bubon Orthodontics we know there can be a little discomfort when wearing braces. Braces pain can range from some soreness to mild discomfort. That’s why we’ve compiled these tips to help you minimize discomfort with any braces pain.
How To Relieve Braces Pain
If your teeth are feeling sore after starting braces or an adjustment, that’s normal! Your teeth are working hard to move to their new spots. Here are 5 tips to help relieve any braces pain you may have:
- Keep It Cold – An easy way to help with pain is to use ice packs! This can be as simple as using a bag of frozen peas or corn and pressing it on your face. The cold can help soothe sore teeth and jaws as they are moving.
- Rinse With Warm Salt Water – On the other end, heat and salt can be the best medicine to soothe any braces pain. A warm salt water rinse can help alleviate any discomfort and it also helps clean any cuts in your mouth that also could be causing pain.
- Orthodontic Wax – If you find your wire is poking out and bothering you, a simple fix is covering the wire with a piece of dental wax. The wax will help protect your mouth tissue until the wire is able to be adjusted.
- Over-the-Counter Painkillers – If you are feeling a little more pain, you can always choose an over-the-counter painkiller to help reduce any inflammation or discomfort.
- Stick to Soft Food – If you are feeling any discomfort, especially towards the beginning of your treatment, sticking with softer foods will help give your teeth a break! Your teeth and gums will be sensitive – give them a break and help reduce pressure by sticking to softer foods.
Schedule A Free Consultation
We hope some of these tips can help reduce any braces pain you are feeling, if you have more questions we’re always here to help! Feel free to contact us if you’d like more tips or read more on our care guide for braces.